Golden State Opportunity, a statewide public-private partnership organization leading one of the most effective anti-poverty organizations in the country, seeks a Development Director to join its growing team.
Location: California (Flexible)
Start Date: October 2019
- Develop and execute strategic statewide finance plan which includes high- and low-dollar solicitations, events, digital and direct mail programs
- Manage all activities to hit raise targets and deadlines
- Execute and manage donor research and new donor networks
- Build low-dollar grassroots digital program and infrastructure
- Organize, execute, and staff fundraising events
- Engage and build fundraising capacity for GSO President and Board of Directors
- Manage follow up on all correspondence and pledges
- Previous finance experience a must
- Donor prospecting and research experience
- Prior experience with targeting contributors and follow up management
- Must have knowledge of donor and CRM platforms (ActBlue, Salesforce, etc.)
- Event planning experience ideal
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Strong project management, multitasking and follow-through skills
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent writing skills
- California ties a plus
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume (in PDF or Word format only) to email@example.com. Please include “DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR” in the email subject line.
Golden State Opportunity is an equal opportunity employer and will give equal consideration to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.