Golden State Opportunity, a statewide public-private partnership organization leading one of the most effective anti-poverty organizations in the country, seeks a Digital Director to join its growing team.
Location: California (Flexible)
Start Date: October 2019
- Develop and execute digital strategy for the organization’s goals and programs including opportunities to inform and engage through online tools
- Work across departments to incorporate action alerts, news articles, videos, infographics, etc. in digital program
- Develop and conduct micro-targeting and traditional targeting for online campaigns and other specific campaign goals such as event outreach
- Oversee team members and manage outside vendors who work on web and creative development, and online advertising
- Responsible for the growth of social media reach across all platforms
- Develop accurate tracking and targeting systems for data collection across channels; Incorporate data and analytics into digital advocacy tools, planning, and implementation
- Implement reports and metrics as part of a robust data culture; Provide regular reports and analysis to leadership on performance of campaigns, content, advertising and web development
- Direct list-building and acquisition initiatives, including lifecycle and action inventory for new supporters
- Manage and oversee the work of a Digital Manager
- Senior-level experience in the digital marketing space or a related area
- Experience executing digital, including email and social media required; Experience on political and/or advocacy campaigns preferred
- Deep knowledge of digital and social media strategies and best practices, and online content development
- Strong working knowledge of email marketing best practices and trends
- Experience with reporting and analytics tools including Google Analytics, Facebook advertising and analytics, etc.
- Experience with running online experiments including design, execution and analysis a plus
- Excellent computer skills, and excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency with CRM tools
- Excellent grammatical and copy editing skills
- Strong project management, multitasking and follow-through skills
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail and accurately under deadline
- Demonstrate an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- California ties a plus
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume (in PDF or Word format only) to email@example.com. Please include “DIGITAL DIRECTOR” in the email subject line.
Golden State Opportunity is an equal opportunity employer and will give equal consideration to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.