Golden State Opportunity, a statewide public-private partnership organization leading one of the most effective anti-poverty organizations in the country, seeks a Field Director to join its growing team.
Location: California (Flexible)
Start Date: October 2019
- In coordination with regional field teams, develop campaign outreach and organizing plans tailored to local landscape
- Engage and build relationships with key local stakeholders and partner organizations, including elected officials and community leaders
- Set weekly and monthly benchmarks and metrics for each regional team; monitor progress-to-goal and recommend strategic adjustments if/when needed
- Plan and execute events with stakeholders, partners and allied organizations
- Recruit, manage and retain program volunteers
- Meet and track goals and deliverables including but not limited to events, volunteer recruitment, collateral distribution, partner engagement
- Experience in neighborhood organizing preferred
- Ability to set and achieve measurable targets and strategic goals
- Strong work ethic
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Strong project management, multitasking and follow-through skills
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to work independently
- Great relationship building skills
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) verbal and written language skills preferred
- California ties a plus
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume (in PDF or Word format only) to email@example.com. Please include “FIELD DIRECTOR” in the email subject line.
Golden State Opportunity is an equal opportunity employer and will give equal consideration to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.