Golden State Opportunity (GSO) is a nonprofit dedicated to ending poverty by providing all Californians with the tools to build financial well-being and thrive. It is led by doers who educate, engage, and empower working families. GSO’s groundbreaking, culturally relevant work in thirteen languages reaches millions of low-income Californians and connects them with the financial resources they need to survive and then thrive.
GSO has an ambitious strategic plan that will transform the organization into a national anti-poverty powerhouse by taking its model of outreach and engagement to more states, adding accountability campaigns through issue and electoral campaigns and establishing federal and state PACs as needed to achieve the goal of ending poverty by 2035. GSO will achieve this goal not only by bringing the voices and lived experiences of low-income people to the halls of power, but by bringing the full power of this community as well.
Do you have a wide network that includes health care and community-based organizations? Are you outgoing and excited about helping others? Are you committed to creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive opportunities to end poverty?
GSO is currently welcoming proposals from interested California-based outreach consultants for a 4-month contract to provide strategic programmatic work in the health and wellness space to work with health care service providers who serve under-served, disadvantaged, and medically vulnerable households by recruiting them to engage in a robust and ambitious campaign to share information on how the California Earned Income Tax Credit can help provide basic support in these difficult times — particularly for working women, young women, and working families.
Health care workers as deeply trusted messengers in vulnerable communities, especially among Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) holders, will be key to the campaign. The EITC is proven to have positive impacts on the health outcomes of patients — pregnant women have healthier pregnancies, higher birth weights, and lower infant mortality rates, and families, kids stay in school longer, are more successful, and go on to earn more than their parents. Health care organizations can help mitigate the toxic stress of poverty with information about how to claim the EITC.
The contract scope of work may include, but is not limited to:
- Utilize extensive health care partners network and dedication to community outreach to identify and secure partners for the program and seamlessly convert them to “Health 2 Wealth” partners across industries including health care, health insurance, and public programs
- Provide outreach, program design, program management and metrics tracking to achieve maximum results – on time and exceeding goals
- Lead training and meeting facilitation
- Collaborate with the Communications team to develop collateral and training material
Proposals must include the following elements:
- An overview of your background, leadership and services
- A snapshot of your past and existing clients, including possible case studies to showcase strategic approach
- An overview of your process structure
- An overview of your cost structure with details on your proposed monthly retainer and any supplemental billing practices
All submissions must be received by Friday, January 22, 2021:
Golden State Opportunity
345 California Street, #600
San Francisco, CA 94104
No submissions will be reviewed prior to the deadline.
Golden State Opportunity is an equal opportunity employer and will give equal consideration to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.