#blackouttuesday we’re standing in solidarity: Black Lives Matter
Black Lives Matter.
Today, Golden State Opportunity is participating in #blackouttuesday across all our social media platforms. This does not mean we’re disengaging, but rather that we are stepping back from our regularly scheduled posts promoting our free tax filing services, in order to create space for and listen to the voices of Black leaders and activists. For those who are interested and able, here are several Black-led groups working to dismantle systemic racism that you can support, if you’re able to, courtesy of our friends at NetRoots Nation:
- Color Of Change is working to hold the officers who killed George Floyd accountable and fighting for a visionary platform to stop the killing of Black people. Sign their petition and get involved here.
- Black Voters Matter Fund seeks to increase the power of Black communities, particularly in the South, through voter registration and advocating for policies to expand voting rights/access. Learn more and donate here.
- Black Futures Lab works directly with Black people to transform their communities, build Black political power and change the way that power operates locally, statewide, and nationally. You can support their efforts here.
- BYP100 (Black Youth Project 100) is a member-based organization of Black youth activists creating justice and freedom for all Black people through transformative leadership development, direct action organizing, advocacy, and political education. Click here to donate to BYP100.
- The Black Male Voter Project is building a movement that encourages black men to regularly and actively engage in the electoral process. Donate to the Black Male Voter Project by clicking here.
Additionally, here’s a list of bail funds for protestors across the nation, which people can support to help activists continue to make their voices heard in the struggle for racial justice.
GSO stands with the Black community in solidarity against racism and social injustice. As an organization, GSO is committed to challenging systemic inequity and fighting so that all communities have equal freedom, respect, and opportunity. We are with you.